Thursday, May 8, 2008

Dune Trees--Original American Landscape Oil Painting

Scrub trees growing in a sand dune inspired this 5x7 inch oil painting. It is amazing that anything can grow in a sand dune where the water sifts quickly downward and the soil is gritty. Somehow scrub trees and dune grass resolutely make their claims in such places. I admire the tenacity of such organisms. I'm sure there are days when we all feel like the tree in the sand dune.

As summer approaches, I will be taking advantage of the longer daylight hours and listing fewer paintings for sale in my Etsy shop . But today, you can purchase it for $35.00 plus $6.50 for shipping to US addresses by clicking here. I also ship world wide; if you click here and scroll to the bottom of the page, you will find shipping expenses for everywhere else.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: