Friday, June 20, 2008

Delong Park Landscape--Original American Oil Painting

This 8x10 oil painting is a view of the path at Delong Park in Tacoma, Washington. The path leads to a wetland preserve. The open grasslands in contrast with the tall trees caught my attention earlier this spring and I have been pondering it ever since. Although the work is not painted plein air, I followed Kevin Macpherson's suggestions in his latest book, Landscape Painting Inside & Out, for creating this quick study in a plein air fashion. It amazed me how quickly I was able to render the basic shapes and colors following Kevin's explanations. It took me less than an hour to complete this rough study. I also painted a portrait view of the trees and path that I will post tomorrow.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: