Monday, June 2, 2008

Non-Representative Abstract Painting

Today's posting is an experiment from the weekend. As my regular readers know, my work is generally comprised of landscape and still life work; but recently an urge to try something radically different has been haunting me. My imagination has been captured by swatches of color and shape. What finally spurred me on to attempt an non-representational painting was reading Linda Blondheim Art Notes in which she discussed her alter ego and the limitations of branding. While she is best known for her landscape work, she had an urge similar to mine. Her desire led to painting abstracts under an assumed name. You can read the inspirational post here. While I didn't follow her in the direction of creating an assumed name, I thoroughly enjoyed creating this small 5x7 oil painting. I'd like to invite your comments. Should I work abstractly again or should I stick to landscape and still life? Your feedback would be appreciated.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the human needs some of both in our lives so don't shut off your options. Do both!