Saturday, November 22, 2008

Autumn Trees--Original American Landscape Oil Paintng

This morning I created this little 5x7 inch oil painting with my "frozen paint." Actually, it was not really frozen, but I kept my palette in the freezer for the past few days. Orange and yellow cadmium paints are very expensive, so I always hate to just let them dry up. Instead, I tried the trick of keeping my palette in the freezer. The cold slows the drying. The paint for this little painting was squeezed from the tube a week ago. After six days in the freezer, it was as fresh as ever. A great little trick! This painting is for sale in my Etsy Gallery along with my other miniature landscape paintings. If you click here, you can purchase it for $50.00 plus $6.50 for shipping to US addresses. A 24x30 inch version of the painting can be viewed here.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 comments:

Jennifer Lommers said...

I was just thinking of getting back into oils this winter - great little trick! Thanks for sharing!

LOVELY painting too!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thank you and you are very welcome. Best of luck with your efforts on oil painting--it is favorite medium by far!

Atul Pande said...

Nancy: Beautiful fall scene. I like the sense of distance created by the strong contrast of the warm colors against the very cool background.

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thank you Atul!

Unknown said...

The choice of colors is what brings this work to life! And the freezer trick saves my bacon every time. I do impasto wet-on-wet paintings and because I use so much paint I'm desperate to use every last drop.

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks Trisha--visited your blog--delightful paintings. I see what you mean by using a lot of paint--wonderful impasto subjects there.