Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Glazing--Grapes in Progress

It felt good to be back in my studio today. Though I seldom post an unfinished painting, today I have made an exception. I used to do a lot of glazing and had an urged to do it again. This 16x20 inch canvas shows the first layer on this still life painting. The frustration with glazing in oils is that it takes so long to finish a painting. It will be at least a week before I can work on this again. The first layer needs to dry before another layer can be added. Working with transparent color is what gives the finished product a beautiful glow. Gamblin sells a good selection of transparent oil paints. My favorite place to purchase my them is Dick Blick. They have great customer service and a wide selection of paints from which to choose. When I finally finish this painting, I will post the finished product, but be patient. With several layers involved, it will be weeks before it is finished.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: