Saturday, March 21, 2009

Peaches--Original Still Life Oil Painting

This is the second in my series on this Irish linen table cloth. A pile of fresh peaches provides a bright contrast to the dark background and the light of the cloth. This painting is 8x10 inches. I will be experimenting with fruit in this format while I look for subjects to use on some 24x30 inch canvases that are sitting in my basement. I'll probably experiment a little more before selecting subjects for the larger canvases. I'm also trying to fill out the offerings of still life paintings in my Impressions Gallery at 1000 Markets, so some of these little paintings might arrive there, too. This painting is SOLD.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Kim VanDerHoek said...

Striking color in these peaches Nancy! You've stated the cloth so simply, it's perfect. When I zoom into your peaches the brushwork is bold which I like. Very nice!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Kim--I'm glad you like the brushwork. I felt it was getting a little muddy. I prefer clean, confident strokes and didn't feel this was my best. It has been a while since I painted peaches and I'm a little rusty. If I go larger with this one, I'm going to practice my peach painting a little more before I start. Thanks for your kind words!