Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sushi--Still Life Oil Painting

Today's painting is my effort for the Different Strokes Bi-weekly Challenge. It is a 5x7 inch oil painting of a plate of sushi. I am not a sushi eater, so I'm not sure whether this is an appetizing rendetion or not. I hope it is. It was fun to paint because of the texture and transparency of the soy sauce. If you visit the Different Strokes Blog, you will see a number of interpretations of this same still life. Although I like to participate in the challenge, it has been a while since I've done so. It was fun to get back into the game.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 comments:

Michael said...

That is awesome! It looks appetizing to me. Great job.

Michelle Brunner said...

I am a huge sushi lover and think this painting is wonderful! You totally captured the texture of the sushi and the sauce! I love your work:)

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thank you very much. I'm so glad this looks appetizing. Painting the textures was really fun. Your feedback makes me think I might try painting some more sushi tidbits.

Slavetobeads said...

Again another great painting!

Marionette said...

Nancy,
Yes, please paint some more sushi! I'm getting hungry too. I live in Hawaii and with the strong Japanese influence here, we eat a lot of sushi and sashimi. I have even learned to make my own sushi and it is a lot of fun!

I just love your impressionist style! Great colors and texture!!!

Aloha from Kauai,
Marionette

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

More sushi is under consideration!