Monday, July 6, 2009

Foothills Trail--Original Landscape Oil Painting

Last week I spent a wonderful afternoon riding the Foothills Trail in Pierce County of Washington State. It is a 15-mile mixed-use trail that provides a delightful bicycle ride. It begins in the town of Puyallup, winds through fertile farmlands of the Orting Valley, parallels the Carbon River, and places Mount Rainier prominently in the distance. This 8x10 inch painting was inspired by a scene at the beginning of the trek. The afternoon was beautiful and I was impressed by the warmth of the landscape and the shadow of this tree. I regret I did not take more photo references as I pedalled along. This week I'm hoping to travel the trail again. This time I will take more photos and plan to paint more of the scenery along the way.

No comments: