Saturday, July 11, 2009

Which Way? American Landscape Oil Painting

On my bicycle trip between Orting and South Prairie, Washington, I happened upon this intersection. Five roads intersecting was an interesting little puzzle. At this point I had been riding for several hours and still had a return trip to contend with, so it was tempting to turn around and call it good. Luckily, the bike path was marked with cross walk paint inviting me forward. I continued and made it to the end within just a few minutes. Have to say I'm glad. This painting is 8x10 inches on a gessoed panel.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Awesome painting....lots of ways to look at it and think about what it could mean.

Gwen Bell said...

What an interesting intersection! I don't think I've seen one quite like it. You did a beatifuljob of painting it. I really like that soft blue next to the wheat color of the grass and that lovely Ultra Marine shadow. Nice work!

nomadcraftsetc said...

That is amazing! I love the painting and it could not depict the crossing better! I can actually see a bicyclist sitting there scratching their head!
Great work!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it.

Unknown said...

You've captured this beautifully, Nancy! Your landscapes are so serene....

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks, Nancy--so glad to hear it!

rups said...

it is a nice oil painting, really it will be the puzzel time when a person will be stand middle of the 5 roads interchanging