Monday, August 31, 2009

Letting Go--American Landscape Oil Painting

My studio is overflowing with paintings, my walls are covered, and it is time to start letting go of some of my favorites. This 8x10 inch landscape is one to which I am finally willing to say good-bye. It was created this past year as part of the Different Strokes Challenge. The original challenge involved a black and white photo to which participants were to add a color interpretation. The combination of purple and green creates a lovely summer warmth that I wanted to hold on to for a long time. But, as fall approaches and my studio is brimming with work, it is time to let go. This painting is for sale at Impressions Gallery for $125.00 plus $12.50 for shipping to US addresses. It is time for it to bless someone else's home with its summery atmosphere.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , ,