Monday, August 24, 2009

Model A Car--Original Oil Painting

Today's painting is not one of my usual subjects, but it really was fun to paint. This Ford Model A car was parked at a street fair I visited earlier this summer. I snapped a picture and forgot about it until this morning. As I was sifting through some of my photos it smiled at me and asked to be painted. I wouldn't have known what kind of car it was except it had a little sign on the front grill that identified it as a Ford Model A. As I painted, I tried to concentrate on duplicating the shapes rather than painting a car. I'm not sure it is perfectly proportioned, but it was fun to attempt something new and different. The painting is 5x7 inches on a canas panel. It will probably be sold in the affordable canvas panel section of the Small Impressions Gallery when it dries.
Technorati tags:
, , , , ,

No comments: