Friday, October 9, 2009

Wedges--Original Still Life Oil Painting

Orange wedges on a ironstone plate were the inspiration for this little 5x7 inch oil painting. The warm orange next to the cool plate forced me to take a second look. Loose brush strokes and thick paint slid off my brush as I created this little one. When it is dry it will be placed in Small Impressions Gallery with some of my other small paintings. Also, beginning on Tuesday, ten of my small paintings will be be on display at the Miniatures and Small Worlds Show at the Gallery at North Seattle Community College.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Gwen Bell said...

Beautiful color and placement! Like you said...the cool and warm together...love that struggle and you pulled it off wonderfully. I'm in love with those strokes that create the pulp.
Congratulations on you Show

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks Gwen--glad you like it!