Monday, February 15, 2010

Surf and Sunshine

High swells and high tides made Valentines Day an exciting day to visit the Pacific Coast. After a day of pouring rain, the sun finally came out. Coupled with a high tide plenty of 22-24 foot waves splashing and crashing it was quite an exciting day. I had to create a little painting to comemorate the occasion. In comparison to the huge waves, this little painting is just 4x6 inches. When travelling, it is easy to just throw a few of these little canvas panels in my paint box and I never miss a day of painting!

3 comments:

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Wonderful waves Nancy! I really love the way you handled them...your strokes are great! If you've read much of my blog the past few weeks STROKES are on the mind! HA. Love yours!!

nomadcraftsetc said...

What a great idea, to carry smaller canvases with you. What a wonderful little scene-much better than a photograph.

I miss the ocean! You are so lucky!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thank you for the kind words! Seascapes are not my usual subject, so it is good to hear that the painting turned out well.