Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Christmas Tangerine Painting

It is during the winter holidays that these sweet little tangerines come into season. This oil painting is 11x14 inches on a 3/4 inch gallery-wrapped canvas and represents the custom in our house of enjoying these little oranges during the holiday season. I stretched and prepared the canvas, a process I used to enjoy. Beginning with raw canvas, stretching it, applying gesso, and then creating a painting is quite a time-consuming process. I find myself more and more just wanting to paint and skip the preparation process. Asking for a few dozen commercially prepared canvases for Christmas sounds like a wonderful idea. This painting is now for sale at the Small Impressions Gallery along with some of my other fruit, tropical fruit, and still life oil paintings. It can be purchased here for $145.00 plus shipping by clicking on this link.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: