Sunday, April 17, 2011

Boys with Boards

This afternoon I had some fun painting a little sunshine. Boys with skateboards are appearing everywhere with their scrawny legs and endless energy. This 5x7 inch painting is a reminder that summer is coming and an inspiration for getting out with my camera and snapping some references for more painting. This painting is 5x7 inches on a canvas panel. I applied black gesso before beginning and took the time to draw the figures with a white chalk pencil before I begin painting. I hope you enjoy looking; I'm headed to the park!
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Madelaine said...

I absolutely love this painting!!! Beautiful. Makes me want to pull out my black gesso again.

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks, Madelain. It was really fun to paint, too. : )