Sunday, March 25, 2012

Party Crasher

The pears keep appearing and reappearing in my studio.  This is another that just seemed to pop out of nowhere.  Originally this painting started out as a study in glass.  I love painting glass and have a small collection of bottles, bowls, and other sparkly glass items.  To begin, I sat three bottles on the table.  It was boring.  Although the glass had that spark that inspires me, the color wasn't very exciting.  Then this yellow pear meandered her way onto the set and bam--it was a go.  The painting is 8x10 inches on a gallery-wrapped canvas.  It is for sale in my Etsy shop along with some of my other still life and fruit paintings.  My other addiction is painting chrome and shiny metal objects.  I'm sure some of those items will be appearing here soon.  There will probably be a pear in the mix.  Those pears seem to be pretty consistent at crashing the party--but with such colorful personalities, who can resist? 

Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: