Sunday, December 7, 2014

Magenta Splash Paper Collage

Second in my recent series is this collage composed of paper, paint, pencil, and ink.  I used a variety of media in this experimental work.  The original was created on 140 lb Strathmore paper.  It is the best I have tried so far with minimal curling occurring in spite of a liberal use of wet paint, ink, and matte medium.  I used Decocolor Acrylic Markers, Golden Fluid Acrylics, and some home made alcohol ink.  That bright blue shape was created with a Caran d'Arche Neocolor Artist Crayon and a liberal passage of water and there are some scribbles done with Prismacolor Watercolor pencils.  As you can see, it was a little of this, a little of that, and a whole lot of fun.  Reproduction prints of this work can be purchased here, on my website.  If you would like to see more of my abstract works, please visit the Abstract Gallery at my website or click on the prints tab at the top of the page.

1 comment:

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Your collage work here is luscious...love the colours!